Ooh……muffins! Great any time! These vegan gluten-free pumpkin spice crumble muffins will not disappoint. If you don’t eat them all up the first day, just heat then up in the microwave for 15 seconds and they taste fresh from the oven.
Pumpkin Spice Crumble Muffins (no egg, no dairy, no gluten!)
Ingredients for crumble topping
- ½ cup King Arthur’s measure-for-Measure Gluten-free flour
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dairy free butter, cold
Ingredients for muffins:
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxmeal)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour blend (I use King Arthur’s measure-for-Measure Gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips OR raisins OR nuts (or a combination thereof) OPTIONAL
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make the crumb topping first. Stir together ½ cup flour, ½ cup sugar, pecans (if desired), and cinnamon. Add plant-based butter and mix with fork until topping comes together. Set aside.
- (Flax eggs serve as an egg substitute). Whisk together ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
Line a muffin tin with liners or generously grease the inside of each cup with plant-based butter. I love to use tulip muffin papers! Just unwrap the muffin or cupcake without losing any of the deliciousness.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
Next, mix the olive oil, vanilla, flax eggs, sugar, and pumpkin puree together in a large bowl until blended.
Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined. Fold in cholate chips/nuts/raisins.
Using a large scoop ( I love my coffee scoop for this!), divide the batter into the 12 prepared muffin cups.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the largest muffin comes out clean.
Cool thoroughly. Serve as is or spread with vegan cream cheese, jam/jelly, or with a nut butter.
adapted from: https://delightfuladventures.com/vegan-gluten-free-pumpkin-spice-muffins/
Related items of interest:
Other ways to use up that leftover pumpkin puree: