I have missed peanut butter butter cookies topped with a Hershey’s Kiss, but these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made me forget all about them! Can’t eat peanut butter? Use cashew butter, almond butter, or even sunflower seed butter.
Made with natural peanut butter and dairy-free gluten-free chocolate chips, these are delicious! You can make these cookies quickly – always a plus.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter ( a natural drippy peanut butter works best. I prefer Crazy Richards Natural peanut butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and drop tablespoon-sized balls onto the prepared baking pan.
- Slightly mash the balls with a fork and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the pan for 1-2 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.