Are you looking for an easy no-bake dessert that is both gluten and dairy free? Try these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip no-bake dessert bars! You probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip No-bake Dessert Bar Recipe
- 1 cup plant-based butter (I use Country Crock Plant Butter)
- Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray or plant butter.
- Melt butter and nut butter in a 2-3 quart heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Once the above has combined, stir in the vanilla.
- Add oats and cook over low heat until combined and thoroughly warm, approximately 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips directly onto the warm oatmeal mixture in the pan, trying to add in an even layer. (The chocolate chips will melt and form a delicious surprise layer!)
- Add remaining oat mixture over chocolate, pressing in gently.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
Related articles of interest: