Are you looking for a more healthy sweet potato casserole? One that is not sugary sweet and but allows the sweet potatoes to shine? Then this recipe is for you!
Made with real sweet potatoes and sweetened with a little sugar, the recipe is topped with brown sugar, pecans, and butter goodness….
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I like to use Silk Cashew milk, but any plant-based milk will work as long as it is unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup plant-based margarine (try using Country Crock plant-based butter sticks)
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup 1:1 gluten free flour (My favorite is King Arthur Gluten-Free 1:1 flour)
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup plant-based margarine
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into chunks. Boil sweet potatoes until they test done when inserting a fork. Drain.
- Move sweet potatoes to another bowl and add the plant-based butter to melt while the potatoes are still hot.
- Add sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quart shallow pan.
- Mix topping by combining all ingredients using your hands.
- Sprinkle toping over top of the sweet potato casserole.
- Cook at 350º for 30-45 minutes.
Other recipes and posts you might enjoy:
- Hasselback Baked Apples
- Are the Foods you are eating making you sick?
- Dairy-free Fudge: Perfect for those with food sensitivities