If you are looking for a delicious hot breakfast, try this Baked Oatmeal. Using rolled oats and frozen fruit, it’s a great start to your day.
Fresh fruit works, too! Those of us with food sensitivities need to be sure to use only oat that are gluten free (processed in a facility that does NOT process wheat). Check out these from Quaker.
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- ½ cup butter, melted (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tart apple, chopped ( I have actually used freeze-dried apples)
- 1/3 cup chopped peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
If using frozen fruit, do not thaw first.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, and milk in a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring in the fruit.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 35-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean