I love chocolate…and gluten and dairy free brownies are easy to make and delicious when served hot.
These use nut butter instead of flour and ground flax seed instead of eggs….so these are also egg-free!
Serve them hot, topped with dairy free ice cream, and folks will be asking for seconds!
- 1 cup nut butter (your choice!) I either use almond butter or Greenwise Cashew Butter
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed whisked with 3 T water separately for an egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder Try extra
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free, gluten free, and soy free) Try Nestle Simply Delicious Toll House Chocolate Chips (dairy free, gluten free)
Line crock-pot with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, making sure to blend. You might need to warm up the nut butter to help it blend.
- Pour/spoon/scrape onto the parchment paper in the slow cooker, spreading batter out evenly.
Cover, and slow cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours until edges start to brown.
Pull out the parchment paper, cool for 15 minutes, cut and serve.
Enjoy your hot gluten free dairy free brownies!
Other posts that might interest you: