How can you enhance your libido? Reality television and advertising often dramatize the world of sex today. The media, celebrities, and pop culture define a very specific look as “sexy.” Women’s round hips and big breasts are desirable, while other physical traits are not. However, the attributes that are supposed to be universally desired are, in fact, not universal at all. The definition of “Beauty” differs according to culture and the time period. The one steadfast commonality is that the individual within our partners arouses us.
Perhaps we have lost sight of the meaning of a healthy sexual relationship with a partner. Maybe we don’t find ourselves “sexy” compared to 120 lb. models in lingerie commercials, magazines, and on reality T.V. shows.
For whatever reason, sex may have lost its appeal. What used to be more, more, more is now chore, chore, chore.
What’s going on? The possible causes vary greatly. Sometimes the reason is obvious, such as hormone deficiency or depression. Low libido could come from a health-related problem, fatigue, decreased energy, poor sleep, PMS, pain, vaginal dryness, or headaches. Excessive stress may be a factor, due to trouble in your current relationship or past abuse, both of which can significantly impact sexual intimacy. Treating or resolving these problems can impact your libido.
Physical, mental, and emotional health are key to a vibrant sex life.
Steps to enhance your libido
- Communication. Start by simply setting aside time to talk with your partner. Picking the right time and right place for this discussion is key to success.
- Mood. Women often take responsibility for getting into the mood. Giving yourself a day without decisions, demands or deadlines is a great way to create the mood.
- Intimacy. Make time for the personal connection.
- Sensuality. Consider the sight of the bedroom and your personal preferences for smell, touch, taste and sound.
- Passion. Remember, the brain is the biggest sex organ in the body. Talk to your partner, be vulnerable, take risks, and laugh together.