Sometimes we just want one dessert – not an entire pan of brownies or a an entire cake. This dairy-free gluten-free chocolate cake-in-a-mug takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and cook….. and tastes decadent….almost a pudding type of cake. Top it with dairy-dree ice cream, and you may decide to skip dinner entirely….
Dairy-free Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake-in-a-Mug
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder 2
- 2 tablespoons pure can sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, melted coconut oil, or vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chunks
- Scoop of diary-free ice cream
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder to a mug. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Pour the oil, non-dairy milk, and vanilla into the mug with the dry ingredients and stir well with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top.
- Cook in the microwave for 40 seconds. It will likely be a little undercooked in the middle at this point, which makes it a pudding cake, , but if you want it cooked more, microwave it another 10-20 seconds.
- Top with favorite ice cream and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might enjoy