A type of fat bomb, these coconut-cherry delights dipped in chocolate are filled with chewy goodness and great taste!
The only equipment needed is a a food processor or high speed blender and a microwave. Store in the freezer or in the refrigerator.
Coconut-Cherry Delights Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (use keto maple syrup to make this more keto-friendly)
- 1 cup coconut butter or plant butter, melted
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips ( I prefer to use a 90% chocolate)
In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your unsweetened shredded coconut with dried cherries and blend until just mixed.
Pour into a large mixing bowl and set aside. When fully mixed, you will see little pieces of bright red cherries through a cloud of white coconut.
In a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt your coconut or plant-based butter with your sticky sweetener of choice.
Pour into the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
Transfer to a lined 8 x 8-inch pan and press firmly in place.
Freeze for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
Once firm, use a lightly wet, sharp knife and slice into 20-25 bars.
- You can stop here or proceed to dipping your confection into chocolate.
Melt your chocolate chips of choice. Use two forks to dip each cherry coconut bar in the melted chocolate and ensure it is evenly coated.
Repeat the process and refrigerate or freeze until the chocolate firms up.