Egg-free dairy-free gluten-free Chocolate Zucchini Bread? This bread is wonderfully moist and cake-like in texture….and healthy! Make this in a loaf pan, slice it, and freeze your pieces for a later treat.
Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 ¼ cup of King Arthur Measure-4-Measure Gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal (+ 6 tablespoons hot water)
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of plant-based butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of non-dairy milk (unsweetened) I used Good Karma Flax milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups of grated zucchini
- ⅔ cup of mini chocolate chips (Try Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8.5″ x 4.5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the ground flax and water to a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside and allow the mixture to thicken.
- In another separate medium bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Add the flax mixture and mix again.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and the zucchini.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf before removing it from the pan. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
NOTE: Baking time may vary based on the moisture in your zucchini. Remember to let the mixture rest for at least 20 minutes before baking to allow the flour to absorb as much moisture as possible. If your bread isn’t ready in 50 minutes, that’s fine. Let it cook a little longer and test again.
Any leftovers? Freeze them!