What can be simpler than a chocolate bundt cake that is both vegan AND gluten-free?
Nothing in my mind! This cake can be frozen, you can add a dusting of cocoa or confectioner’s sugar, or you can add a glaze….and it is a great gift to take with you to get-togethers. Folks who do not have to avoid eggs, dairy, and gluten cannot taste the difference!
Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups table sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee ( I make a dark roast K-cup using only 4 oz water)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plant-based milk (well-whisked before measuring) I prefer Cashew but almond or oat milk work well
- Optional: extra unsweetened cocoa powder for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F (or 325F if using a dark pan). Spray Bundt pan (minimum 10-cup capacity) with cooking spray or rub with plant butter.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in coffee, vanilla and ACV.
- With mixer on low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and plant milk, making 3 separate additions of flour and two of milk, and beating until incorporated. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 55 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then carefully invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, lightly dust cake with cocoa powder.