Are you sensitive to wheat or gluten and looking for a new breakfast idea?
Try this gluten-free dairy-free Breakfast Rice.
If you have celiac disease, you may be at an increased risk of developing lactose intolerance, a condition in which your body can‘t break down or absorb lactose–a type of sugar present in milk and dairy products. If if you are simply sensitive to wheat or gluten, you may be sensitive to dairy. (Be sure to arrange for a food sensitivity test.)
The following recipe provides a great breakfast option for those sensitive to both dairy and gluten. Any non-dairy milk will do. Consider oat milk, almond milk, cashew milk, even soy milk – all of which are available in most grocery stores. I love the Chobani Oat “milk (Chobani oat).
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or plan-based milk of choice)
- splash pure maple syrup
- splash vanilla
- dried cherries (or any dried fruit)
- sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
We always have cooked brown rice in the refrigerator.
- Combine the brown rice, almond milk, and maple syrup into a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds – or until hot to the touch without boiling.
- Add vanilla and dried fruit.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Grab a spoon and eat directly from the measuring cup. Yum!
Related items of interest: