ah…muffins…gluten and dairy-free blueberry muffins… you can freeze these and nibble on them for breakfast, snacks …… even after dinner. Yum!
Gluten- Dairy-free Blueberry Muffins
- ¼ cup plant-based butter
- 200 ml unsweetened plant-based milk (yes, ml are on my measuring cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cup King Arthur measure-for-measure gluten-free flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Place the plant-based butter in a large bowl and melt r in the microwave.
Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. and bicarbonate of soda.
Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry.
Add the fresh blueberries and fold in gently, to make sure you don’t crush them.
Transfer the mixture between muffin cases in a muffin tin.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins taste best when fresh, but keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days.