I love a good chili in the winter time and have finally found one that is easy to make, tastes good, and makes great leftovers perfect to freeze! Check out this recipe for Black Bean Pumpkin Chili.
There is one problem with this recipe: the pumpkin and spices smell so good cooking that it tempts you to open the cover to inhale. Do not be tempted! Leave the house if need be because this meal smells fantastic as it cooks. Add a side salad with a few blueberries, seeds, and dressing, and you have a complete and easy meal. I love Primal Kitchen dressing because they are gluten-free, and most are also dairy-free.
Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
- 3 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5-ounce cans plain diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1-2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper