I love desserts….. but food sensitivities such as the need to be dairy-free and gluten-free sometimes interfere.
This dairy-free chocolate mousse uses avocado and plant-milk as dairy substitutes, and is so good you won’t even miss the heavy cream found in the more traditional mousse recipes.
No sacrificing flavor for health here! Decadent and chocolatey!
Grab your blender!
Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- flesh of 2 ripe avocados (keep the pits to grow your own avocado plant, but toss those skins)
- 1/4 cup regular cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand as they are dairy-free, gluten-free – only contain cocoa and sugar)
- 3-4 Tablespoons plant-based milk ( I use oat milk or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Blend the avocado thoroughly until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth. Keep the milk handy. I start with 3 Tablespoons but am ready to add more if the mousse seems too thick.
- Serve in small dishes with your topping of choice. I like to use wine glasses and top with either coconut whipped cream or cashew whipped cream.
Other links you might enjoy: